Anyone visiting Manor Lands lately will notice that Jim has been very busy working on the roads. Aspen from the Blue gate up part of Pine Ridge was graded and roto millings applied and some culverts were put in on Pine Ridge, Aspen and at the bottom of Hill Top Circle. The hill on Yellow Pine was graded and road base applied and the same was done on Pineview. Plans are to do some grading on Pine Hill and Alpine if the beautiful weather we are having holds and we can get enough roto millings delivered.
Thanks go to Tim Overy for providing the roto millings at a great price and delivering as fast as possible and assisting with repairs. A lot of work has been done on the grader and other equipment so the roads can be worked on.
Many of the posts for the road signs have rotted off at the ground and road signs have blown over. Right now we are out of new posts and the board is looking into buying some posts that will not rot off. In the mean while Jim is doing the best he can to get the road signs that blew over in the last big wind storm back up using what he has on hand.
Currently 26 degrees, clear and calm. A light dusting of snow overnight.
Today Sunny, with a high near 48. South wind 7 to 15 mph becoming west in the afternoon.
- Tonight Mostly clear, with a low around 26. South southwest wind 5 to 13 mph.
- Friday Sunny, with a high near 55. South wind 5 to 10 mph becoming west in the afternoon.
- Friday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 30. West wind around 8 mph becoming south after midnight.
- Saturday Sunny, with a high near 58. South southwest wind 7 to 10 mph becoming west in the afternoon.
- Saturday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 33.
- Sunday Sunny, with a high near 59.
Aspen Road at the Manor Lands and Uintalands gates will be closed this afternoon. 9-12-14 for a water line installation.
The road will probably be closed all weekend and possibly Monday as well.
Please plan on using a different gate.
Thank You in advance for the inconvenience and understanding.
Aspen Road at the Blue gate will be closed on Sept. 15th and 16th for water line installation.
Uintalands is installing a new leg of their water system that will cross Aspen Road near the Blue gate
Signs will be posted at the turnoff on HWY 150 and at the intersection of Aspen and Foothill.
Please use a different gate to access your property.
I will keep you posted on the progress and any changes due to construction delays.
As of 8/26 , the wheels of progress are turning, the grader is fixed and material is being delivered . The Roto Mill is being applied as follows , Blue gate to about 60 yards from Pine Hollow Lane , Pine View road to the Yellow Gate , Yellow Pine Road entire or worst places as needed. When we receive 2 1/2 months of rain in 1 1/2 hours , all of the above is subject to change . -Richard-
The Mirror Lake HWY will be closed on Aug 8th from 11:00 AM (Evanston) till 3:00 PM(Kamas) for the Tour of Utah bicycle race.
There will be 130 riders and 120 vehicles participating in the race.
The road block will move with the race.
Please plan your driving plans accordingly.
Weather conditions are changing fast. Only a slight chance of showers today, Wednesday, July 23, then nothing until the beginning of August.
- Temperatures for this weekend are forecast to be around 80.
- Relative humidity will be in the teens to low 20 percentages during the day.
- Winds are forecast to be from the southwest thru west at 15 to 20 MPH with some higher gusts.
This all points to a very dangerous fire situation. Although we are not in a RED FLAG warning (yet) we could be at any time. The Board can take action to ban campfires if they feel conditions warrant; even if we are not under a RED FLAG warning.
For now I am asking everyone to voluntarily NOT have campfires until conditions improve.
Please read the information Jim posted below on how your campfire pit must be built to meet state requirements. If you campfire pit does not meet these requirements DO NOT USE IT.
The Fire Danger has moved to HIGH.
Campfires are still being allowed for now, but only in APPROVED FIRE PITS.
Here are the guidelines.
Please be careful so we all have a place to come back too.
With the July 24th weekend coming up, and it will be a 4-day weekend for some, just a reminder to all.
1. The speed limit is 15 MPH for ALL vehicles. Last weekend we stopped three individuals speeding on MLPOA roads.
2. Fire conditions. So far so good. We have had good summer rains which has kept our ground and plant moisture on the wet side. However, with summer conditions this may change at any time. If we are in a RED FLAG warning area campfires will be banned.
3. We do live in BEAR country. In the last 10 days a bear was spotted entering MLPOA in the vicinity of the Gray Gate. We have found one deer killed by a bear in the Hill Top Circle area. There may be another bear killed deer along Pine View Road – we have smelled it but cannot locate it, yet. There has also been mountain lion tracks seen on one road. Keep a close eye on your pets. Bears and mountain lions will protect their kills at all costs.
4. State law requires helmets to be worn by all individuals under the age of 16 when riding or being a passenger in or on an ATV/UTV/OHV. Response time to get an individual to a hospital with a major injury could be upwards of 90 minutes.
Reminders for the weekend.
Fire Danger is currently at MODERATE.
Camp fires in approved pits only.
The 15 MPH speed limit applies to trucks and cars as well as ATVs.
Helmets are required for all under the age of 18.
Today Scattered showers and thunderstorms after noon. Some of the storms could produce gusty winds. Partly sunny, with a high near 78. South wind 9 to 15 mph becoming west in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Tonight Scattered showers and thunderstorms, mainly before midnight. Some of the storms could produce gusty winds. Partly cloudy, with a low around 45. West northwest wind 10 to 15 mph becoming south after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Independence Day A 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms after noon. Mostly sunny, with a high near 78. South wind 13 to 16 mph becoming west southwest in the afternoon.
- Friday Night A 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms before midnight. Mostly clear, with a low around 42. West wind 9 to 13 mph becoming south after midnight.
- Saturday A 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms after noon. Sunny, with a high near 79. South wind around 13 mph becoming west in the afternoon.
- Saturday Night A 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms before midnight. Partly cloudy, with a low around 45.
- Sunday A 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms after noon. Mostly sunny, with a high near 79